I really like to get into the holidays. I love traditions, and being festive. I always thought of the holidays as being a magical time, and it is my goal to make sure each holiday is, for my children. Jordan is still a bit too little to really understand, and appreciate my efforts, so this year, though I had wanted to do a treasure hunt along with it, I opted to just do a holiday dinner.We had green chili glazed chicken and green rice(I added food coloring) with broccoli, and then we had chocolate cake with green mint frosting, for dessert. I bought those mugs at the dollar store. They are freezer mugs. They have a layer of some sort of liquid inside, and you freeze them so they keep your drinks cold, without using ice. I figured that they were still reusable so it wouldn't be a waste to buy them.
After dinner, we took Jordan to the park, where we found a bunch of other children who were dressed all in green. Jordan enjoyed going down the slides with daddy, and running around the park, especially the benches, where he made friends with an elderly man who was clipping his fingernails at one of the benches. Jordan is a friendly kid. He loves to wave at strangers. It sometimes surprises me just how fearless he is. He is so innocent and not judgemental. He will wave at anyone and smile.
So that was our St. Patrick's Day, and by the way: What do you suppose Gabe's reaction was when he walked in and saw all of my efforts?
"Why is it St. Patrick's Day themed?"
Ah Gabe, gotta love 'im!

5 comments:
That all looks great! I need to be so much better at the holiday thing!
Looks like a lot of fun! Sam would probably say the same thing!
I'm so impressed w/your holiday enthusiasm. I always have big plans that are all too often squelched. Yay! for being such a fun mom!
Cute, and fun... I need to do more with St. Patty's day. Actually I wrote a little story.
http://creativelywritten.blogspot.com/search/label/Leprechauns
What a great Mom and Wife you are!!! Way to go for making some fun holiday traditions. Jordan is such a sweet little guy! WE sure love him- you and Gabe as well!
Post a Comment