Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Gabe!!

Monday (September 29th) was my wonderful husband's birthday. To celebrate, we had a family bike ride that began at mouth of Provo Canyon, and on to Bridal Veil Falls. The canyon was beautiful! I love the fall. I wish my birthday was in the fall instead of the summer. I offered to trade birthdays with Gabe, because he loves the summer... but he wouldn't hear of it. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way. ;)

Gabe was a gentlemen (even on his birthday) and let me ride the electric bike. After riding it I have to say, I may never be able to go back to regular bike riding. Whenever I got tired, I just pulled on the throttle and coasted along. To quote Gabe, "It's the only way to ride a bike." It's funny because I used to tease him that an electric bike was pointless because you got no excersize. But now I see the beauty in it.

Jordan got to ride behind us in a little bike trailor. He seemed bored the entire time on the ride, until we got there and had lunch. Jordan got to try Doritos, and I am thinking they are now his favorite thing in the world to eat. I didn't know anyone could get so messy eating Doritos. He had bright orange stuff all over his little hands, and dribbling down his chin. So cute. He just kept cramming them into his mouth, and the problem was that he forgot to swallow. We finally realized this and took the chips away from him so he could swallow. He still managed somehow to sneak a few more in though. :)

After the bike ride, we met up with the family at Fuddruckers (sp?) . It is a family favorite among the Lifferth men. It's pretty good, if you like big hamburgers. After dinner we had Pineapple upside down cake at our place to end the day.

All in all it was a really fun day. I got Gabe a portable DVD player that looks like a discman. Also I got him a tiny keychain camera. We took pictures of our day on that camera, but for some reason they didn't work. Very sad. So, that is why there are no pictures.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who came or called, to help us celebrate! You're a great family!

4 comments:

Zachary said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Gabe!! You are an amazing young man and brother. And your birthday month happens to rock!

Love you Bro!

Kaila said...

Alex would live off of Doritos if I let him. At least it has corn in it right?

whitney said...

Happy (late) Birthday Gabe!

What kid doesn't love doritos?...except my kids of course...who've never had them b/c of the allergy issues...but other than that-like no one.

Crys said...

Kyson Still Forgets to swallow Infact my family has gotten in the mode of Chew and Swallow and then we give him more of something. Its Pretty funny. He now asks us to chew and swallow. Ahh the life of kids. Happy Birthday to GABE ! Horray!