Jordan, on his true first birthday, or shall we say, his day of birth. It was a hard day for the both of us kid, but somehow we made it through! I can remember the first time I saw him. He was crying, but it seemed that when he heard my voice, he calmed right down, and seemed content. I felt honored to already have that sort of connection with him. I remember also that he kept sticking out his little tongue, as though he was just not sure what to think of this dry air he now found himself in.

'Well, whatever it is, I aint touchin' it!'
And now... for Jordan's 2nd Birthday party!!!
We had the party on saturday, because his birthday actually fell on Sunday (Sept. 6th). We had originally planned to do this at a park, but in the morning when we woke up we thought it looked like rain so we decided to do it at our house. And if you ask me, I think it was funner that way, because Gabe was able to do this...
We had the party at 10:30am, so he had only been awake for an hour or two. It took poor Jordan a little while before he started to really look happy. But I don't think grandpa minded having Jordan on his lap for a while. :)
Jordan's Grandpa and Grandma Dorsey surprised him with his VERY OWN slide! Slides have always been Jordan's favorite playground activity, so you can imagine the hours of enjoyment he's already had with that thing. Seriously, we watched "Toy Story" last night with him (several hours after the party) and he was still going at it. Through out the whole movie he was either sitting on top of it, or sliding down. So cute.
Jordan's Grandpa and Grandma Lifferth gave him a racing car, triple track tower! You should have seen his little hands shaking with excitement while he waited for his daddy to put it together!
And later on, after all of Jordan's party guests had left, he and daddy had a few races. I was amazed that Jordan was actually able to get all of the cars set up and ready to race, all by himself. And he knew just where to push to make them all go. He is definitely growing up!
Jordan's favorite food (besides Chocolate) is pizza. So we made sure to have that for lunch that day.
Anyway, I have more pictures I'd like to post, but I think I might have to post them on another day. It is still actually his birthday and so I will likely have even more. I am sad also, because I forgot to take a picture of Jordan's birthday cake with my own camera. Luckily, Jordan's Aunt Bridget was there with her fancy camera and snapped a few pics of it. So I'll have to post that when I get those pictures from her also.
We had a great party, and it was so nice to have everyone over at our house. We were glad that Gabe's sister Gretchen and her family could also make it, because she happened to be visiting from Washington. Thanks so much to everyone who came!
6 comments:
Wow how time goes i can't believe that he's already two!! where does the time go? it looks like you had a great party. Happy birthday lil Jordan
How fun Julene!! Those one year olds sometimes do get baffled by the cake, I believe it was Sione who ended up smashing his to bits because he couldn't figure out what to do with it otherwise... Roxie just picked at the flower shapped frosting gee I have to think hard about what Koli and Angie did I wonder if I wrote it down somewhere... good ol' blogs. Anywho thanks for the comment on my blog. Your little Jordan is getting so big!! He is such a cutie! ;D
I'm so sad that I missed it! I hope he had a wonderful birthday. Jordan is a fantastic nephew and an amazing kid! Love him!
I wish we could be there! My boys saw the picture of the tractor pulling the others and they wished they could ride it too! happy birthday!
Love the tractor/train, that is so funny! I can't beleive we have kids-we are getting so old!
Ahhh, he's getting so big! Aren't 2nd birthdays the best? They're just so excited and they're finally staring to get the whole present thing.
I had to do a double take w/Jordan's birth picture. Ezra was born at Mountain View too and had big ol' chubby thighs just like cute little Jordan.
Post a Comment