Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just another update

Hey everyone! So just letting you all know that I am doing TONS better now! I have been feeling pretty good for a while. Gabe and I have been going walking every night down at the Payson Highschool track... well I walk and push Jordan and Gabe runs around a few times then walks with me. :) Anyway I have actually been able to jog a bit and that is so exciting! I know that sounds pathetic, but I have not been able to run since maybe before I was pregnant with Jordan. It felt really good. My knees are still a bit weak, but I think the more I excercise them the better and stronger they will be. I'm so grateful to have a husband who has been so supportive throughout all this. I wouldn't be able to keep up excercising if he wasn't doing it with me either. It makes it so much more fun because we get to spend family time together while doing it.

Other news... Jordan is going to be one year old in a few weeks! I can't believe it's been that long... but at the same time, it seems about right. Though he still looks mostly like a baby, he is starting to take on more little boy features. He is a real cutie though. I have been working with him, trying to get him (and me) weened from bottles. I will be sad to let them go too. It's a convenient way to feed! And Jordan is pretty much refusing the sippy. I don't know if I'll have him weened by the time he's one. He also refuses to feed himself. I have been trying to teach him to eat his little veggie puff things for a while. But the little stink tries to eat it directly from my hand, rather than put take it and put it in his mouth. It's kind of cute, I mean, I appreciate his engenuity... but I know I shouldn't encourage it. But he'll just take it in his little hand, play with it for a minute and then let it drop to the floor. I keep putting it in his hand and bringing his hand to his mouth, but he is refusing to catch on. He has actually been able to do it a few times. He would take it in his hand, bring it to his mouth and then he wouldn't know how to deposit it into his mouth. So now he won't even try that. I am hoping this is just something he will eventually get down.

As for walking, he will walk along furniture, but that is the extent of it. If I take his hands and try to help him walk with me, he just drops to the floor and doesn't even show any interest in walking. It's funny because before he was crawling he always like to have me stand him up on my knees or on the floor, but now he just won't straighten his legs. He would rather crawl, this is something he has perfected.

I shouldn't complain though, the kid is adorable. He has this real guttoral growl that he uses to express his happiness. It is surprising to people who don't know him. It's funny to hear such a noise come out of a sweet little blue eyed boy. He even growl-talks. He sounds like a little gremlin. People think it's hilarious. He has also charmed many of our ward members with his infectuous smile. He is not very shy of strangers, he loves to smile and growl at people. He also loves to flirt with the ladies. We may have trouble on our hands in about 15 years...

So yeah, that's Jordan. But our family is doing great. I've been able to get a lot done around the house, I have been working on organizing and getting rid of clutter. It feels so nice to have it done, even though it's a pain to do it. I was able to buy a bunch of melamine shelf boards on KSL for 10 dollars, so I will be making a few more shelves in the few closets we do have. I will be excited to get that done, though it's taking longer than I thought it would. We have to cut them and I am terrified of using a saw, so I have to wait till Gabe has time to do it. But the poor guy never has a whole lot of time on his hands, and when he does, I just want him to be able to have a bit of fun. Ah well... such is life. :) We're hoping to do it this monday as a family home evening.

So that's a bit of an update, hope you're all having a good end of summer!

5 comments:

lasantine said...

We are so glad to hear that you are doing better. Jordan sounds like such a little cutie! I'd forgotten that he was so close in age to Eli. We have been keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Zachary said...

I am glad you are doing better Julene. That is awesome. And I can't wait to see Jordan turn 1! And hear his growl. I am so excited to be living back close to you guys! Woo Hoo!

whitney said...

I love it when babies growl! It's seriously the best. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling loads better too-woohoo! Good job on all the organizing. It always seems to take longer than originally planned, but it well worth it in the end.

Gretch said...

Julene, I am SOOO happy that you are felling better!! That is fantastic! I'm glad you appreciate Gabe too, that is sweet. Jordan is turning one that soon! Crazy! Where did that year go? Don't worry he'll get the eating thing down. And as for walking, that will come too, when he is ready. I always liked when my kids could finally walk because then they were off the dirty floors. Keep trying to have him walk and he'll get it. Way to go on the organization. :)

Gretch said...

Oh, I have to say too the I LOVE Jordan's smile!! It is so contagious! Love that little guy!