Ok, so I know we really left you hanging with that last post. I mean, how does one choose between their child, and their new pet? Which one causes the least amount of trouble? Which one's more expensive? Which one is actually already potty trained?
These are all questions we took into consideration as we made this life altering decision. But, in the end we decided that... of COURSE we'd pick Jordan! (Sorry Zach, though we do appreciate the offer.) I carried that little boy inside me for nearly 10 months! Besides that, he's the cutest baby I've ever seen!
So with that decision made, here is how the rest went down. The next day was pretty much a deciding day. I went to my parents house and introduced them to our new kitty. Little George charmed them all. What a good little kitty, they all decided. I asked my mom what she thought, if Jordan was allergic or not, and she said it was very likely. So when Gabe and I drove home that night we made the decision that the kitty would have to go.
Gabe hurried home and made a home for the kitty in our garage, and then began washing everything George had touched. That night, Jordan spent the night in his swing again. The next morning I put George up for sale on KSL, and then got ready for Jordan's doctor's appointment. While I was getting ready I recieved two calls about George, the first needed to think, and the second one said she'd take her! She had been looking for a kitty with the same black and white stripes everywhere! She wanted to give her to her daughter for easter. I thought that sounded perfect. So, George would have a good home. We made the deal. She would come and get her after my doctor's appointment.
So Jordan and I got in the car and headed to the appointment. I recieved two more calls about the kitty, but decided not to answer. We got to the doctor's office and Jordan was measured and weighed. He is now in the 20th percentile for his height, and the 25th percentile for his weight. That has gone down. But the funny thing is, his head is still in the 90th percentile. So he has a small body and a big head. But like I said, kid's got to have a place to put his big brain!
Anyway, I discussed with the doctor what I thought was Jordan's allergy... but shock of all shocks... the doctor said it wasn't likely that he was allergic! It was his opinion that Jordan just had a cold! He said it was very rare for someone his age to exhibit allergy in a runny nose and puffy eyes.
So there it was! I still had the kitty, but she was already promised to another family. How could I let the little girl down who would be getting a brand new kitty for easter? The deal had already been made, so when I got home, I called the lady, and she and her daughter came and got the kitty. As a side note, the lady was from Payson, and it turned out she knew Gabe. She went to school with him. So we know George went to a good home.
So, are we disappointed? A little at first. But I am mostly relieved. After having the kitty for a few days, I realized it was pretty much like taking care of two babies. It's quite different when you are the mom, and the number one caretaker of both. I am glad I had the chance to realize that, and get wanting a kitty out of my system for a while. The good news is, Jordan is not really allergic, so when he's a bit older, we may try again.

3 comments:
What an interesting twist! I had wondered about the allergy b/c I've been told environmental allergies at that age are pretty rare (they don't usually show up until around age 2), so it's good that ya'll might be able to try again later. It's good that little George went to a good home and I'm sure he just make some little girl's Easter so special!
Well Jordan's favorite Uncle Zach happens to be allergic to about 1 out of every 3 cats, (I know...weird...some cats I can pet and hold and have no problems...but then I come across others that send the sinuses into a rampage). And my allergies are runny nose and puffy eyes.
At least there is a little girl who will be happy this Easter.
Ya neer know though, he might still end up being allergic, nicholas is really alleric to cats and dogs. he breaks out in hives everytime he plays with them. It's sad because he really loves them.
Post a Comment