Monday, April 5, 2010

Catching up...finally!

Ok, so I know it has really been a while. But it seems like the longer I wait to blog, the more I dread doing it because stuff keeps piling up that I want to blog about, and it takes forever to load pictures for me. But anyway, I finally decided to just bite the bullet and get it all posted.

A week or so ago Gabe and I decided it would be fun to fly kites. Jordan did pretty good holding on to the handle once Daddy got it in the air for him.


We flew kites just in our yard at first, but then began to realize that it just wasn't working so well. The street was awfully close to our grass, and with an excited and running two year old... well you get the idea. So instead we went to a park that was pretty close by.

And, it just so happened to be close by Jordan's favorite little cousin's house as well. In fact, just across the street. It was the cutest thing watching these two little boys running toward each other yelling each other's names... seriously so cute. I got a video, but those are horrendously long to post and I am already including a different video that you will see in a moment. So yeah, unfortunately, Max's kite got stuck in a tree shortly after he and Monica arrived.

But they got it out pretty fast. And then of course it began to rain, so our little outing had to be cut pretty short.



Gabe has been telling everyone about this, so if you haven't yet heard, I am surprised. This is the airplane Gabe bought for me using his very own "fun money". His philosophy is that flying airplanes as a family is cheap and not as dangerous as say, four wheeling or any other activities families do together. So he asked me if he bought me an airplane and let me decorate it any way I wanted to... would I go flying with him? I said that I would, and here is the result.



Gabe is a leader in Young Mens in our ward, and there is a dating issue of the New Era for beginning daters that he is supposed to read through. Jordan also took interest in it.



He got really excited at the prospect of going on a real date!




Of course he realized that if he was going to go on a date, he needed to borrow money from mommy's purse.



He had a lot of fun flipping through the pages. Too bad it will be another 13 and a half years before he can implement any of the ideas he got!




These next pictures are just of Jordan playing on his slide. This is one of his favorite things to do.


Jordan recently rediscovered his hat that his grandma and grandpa Lifferth gave him. It's getting a little small for his ample sized head, but he still loves wearing it.





Jordan was pretty grumpy the day before Easter, so these next few pictures almost didn't happen. Luckily we decided to give it a shot, and he cheered right up. As you can see.




Yes, he is wearing the toilet paper package for a clothes protector... I didn't want to waste a garbage bag!




As you can see, Jordan thoroughly enjoyed this Easter tradition of egg dying. And Gabe and I had fun doing it with him!



When we were all done we let Jordan play with them, and he sat and picked them up one at a time and moved them to different slots in the egg carton.



A few weeks ago Gabe and I were talking, and Gabe was saying he'd like to turn our car into an RC car... I personally like our car the way it is and so I suggested instead that he turn his lawn mower into RC. I was kind of joking, but Gabe was apparently inspired. He got to work pretty much right away and really it was only like a day later that he had managed it.
Yes, my genius husband managed to turn his riding lawn mower into an RC lawn mower. He is quite proud of that fact, and he actually got a job offer because of someone who saw it! (The job wasn't something that would work for us, but it was pretty cool that the guy was that impressed!) My husband is now the talk of the neighborhood. So here it is, in all its glory:


9 comments:

ML said...

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed it a lot.

Zachary said...

I am still super impressed with that genius husband of yours.

And I am glad you took him up on the chance to fly planes with him. He really is excited about doing that with you.

Jordan is awesome...as always!

whitney said...

So glad you updated! Jordan is just getting so big! cliche, I know, but still very, very true! I loved the new era pictures, so funny! Spencer was telling me about Gabe's RC lawn mower the other day, we are both verrrry impressed.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Matthew wants a turn driving the lawn mower

Melody said...

Jordan is so cute! Ample-sized head...haha! And you are too funny not wanting to waste a garbage bag-that's probably something I would do too. At first I was thinking, "what's RC?" and then I figured it out when I saw the video-that's crazy! You do have a genius husband!

carolyn said...

So glad to see updates! What a cute little guy and that lawn mower is totally awesome!

Jessica and Robby Curtis said...

Jordan is a cutie

Dezra Marshall said...

ok julene, I am two post ahead of you:) cute pictures !

Mandie Flood said...

I like how in some of those pictures you can see the Tabasco sauce bottle gabe uses for every meal